software equity group team
Brandon Chung, Senior Analyst
SEG is a team of bright individuals who each bring unique and diverse perspectives. Every day poses new opportunities to learn. I feel very fortunate to develop relationships in the software industry and play a role in the stories of these intelligent and innovative companies.”
Brandon identifies and monitors potential clients, conducts industry and financial market research, develops financial and valuation models and provides support on deal execution. Prior to joining SEG, he performed financial statement audits for public and private companies, including conducting an IPO audit for a large company preparing to go public.
Today he uses his accounting and auditing expertise to help mid-market software executives achieve life-changing deals.
He analyzes financial reports and customer data for companies to identify trends that can drive valuation and help teams improve business operations. The insights he uncovers provides valuable insight and in some cases, has helped shape future business strategies.
Brandon has contributed to several deals at SEG, including:
- The acquisition of Rapid Financial Solutions by Tyler Technologies , a transaction that will enhance Tyler’s payments disbursements process for local, state, and federal government clients
- The acquisition of Produce Pro by Aptean, allowing the provider of enterprise technology solutions for the fresh produce distributors, brokers, processors and growers to benefit from Aptean’s global scale and resources
- Augusoft’s acquisition by Modern Campus, a deal that expanded the Modern Campus customer base to include nearly 2,000 colleges and universities and serve the needs of nontraditional learners
- Widen’s acquisition by Acquia, a deal that enables marketers and website builders to create better customer experiences by combining the capabilities of digital asset management and product management with a full suite of digital products
- An investment for College Pads, which gives student renters a searchable database of off-campus housing and property managers a targeted advertising destination
- Acquisition of Energy Profiles Limited (EPL), a cloud-based provider of energy and sustainability management solutions by Dude Solutions
Brandon often provides greater visibility into the most profitable customer segments, potential upsell opportunities, and other areas where they can expand. In addition to his experience training clients and employees on audit procedures, Brandon is skilled at market research, developing financial models, and providing support during due diligence.
Brandon enjoys basketball (Lakers Nation!), traveling, eating, fishing, and partaking in various other outdoor activities. On the weekends, he may be found on a golf course enjoying the sport and weather.
- University of San Diego, B.A., Accounting
- University of San Diego, B.B.A, Finance