software equity group team
Diamond Innabi, Principal
Helping clients move on to the next stage of their life and creating opportunities for the next generation is really what motivates me.”
Diamond Innabi has nearly 10 years of middle-market M&A experience managing successful deals in a wide variety of product categories and industry verticals, including energy, government, higher education, real estate, supply chain technology, and workplace and facility management.
Every deal brings unique challenges, including ensuring the seller is getting proper credit for recurring revenue and accurately presenting opportunities at a fast-growing company. She has a keen understanding of how to properly position companies with challenges such as high customer concentration and complex technology that requires additional education for interested buyers. Diamond is also a skilled negotiator who frequently achieves deals that exceed her clients’ expectations.
Since joining SEG in 2014, she has been instrumental to growing the team, serving as a mentor to analysts and aspiring investment bankers and developing process improvements that contribute to client success.
Diamond has managed and contributed to many successful deals, including:
- Acquisition of SightPlan by SmartRent for $135 million
- Acquisition of AutoMon, a cloud-based case management and administration software, by Government Brands
- Acquisition of Energy Profiles Limited (EPL), a cloud-based provider of energy and sustainability management solutions by Dude Solutions
- Merger of OmniUpdate with Destiny Solutions to create the most innovative and comprehensive suite of digital marketing solutions in the higher education market
- MoxiWorks investment from Vector Capital, which enabled the real estate SaaS platform to expand its product offerings, grow its sales and marketing initiatives and pursue acquisition opportunities
- Acquisition of MACH Energy by Integrated Energy Services to create an industry-leading platform for improving building efficiency and the reliability of the power grid
- Acquisition of iOFFICE workplace management software by Waud Capital Partners and later by Thoma Bravo, allowing the company to further expand its product offerings with future strategic acquisitions
- TeamSupport investment from Level Equity,which enabled the company to further differentiate itself among competitors including Zendesk, Freshdesk and Salesforce Service Cloud
- StreamSend acquisition by j2 Global, a publicly traded cloud services, unified communications and digital media company with over 3 million customers
- Tenmast Software acquisition by MRI Software, which enabled the leading provider of real estate software applications to serve agencies that manage programs for public housing through Tenmast
- Datalliance acquisition by TrueCommerce, expanding the TrueCommerce network into the collaborative replenishment, inventory management and demand forecasting markets
- The acquisition of HomeTrak, a comprehensive software software solution for home health care agencies, by ClearCare
- The acquisition iLab Solutions by Agilent Technologies, a deal iLab CEO said exceeded his expectations in financial terms and in the long-term success of his employees and customers
- An investment from Resurgens Technology Partners for EnergyCAP, a SaaS utility bill accounting and energy management solution serving government, education and commercial sectors
- An investment for College Pads, which gives student renters a searchable database of off-campus housing and property managers a targeted advertising destination
Diamond is a representative of the University of San Diego’s Economic Advisory Board and an in-demand subject matter expert and public speaker, with numerous speaking engagements in recent years. She inspires and empowers women in particular to succeed in traditionally male-dominated industries. She is also a certified yoga instructor.
Hear Diamond discuss how SaaS valuations and multiples have changed in the current environment, the most durable SaaS categories, and advice for software companies looking to sell on the SaaShimi podcast.
- University of San Diego, B.A., Economics
- Minor in Accounting
- Dean’s List and Presidential Scholar