software equity group team
Lamson Vu, Associate
It’s a special opportunity to be able to learn from driven, bright individuals at SEG daily while ultimately working towards assisting our remarkable clients on achieving their goals.”
As a CPA and former senior auditor at EY, Lamson relies on his deep accounting and finance expertise to craft clients’ stories using a data-centric approach.
Lamson enjoys working side-by-side with clients as an advisor to analyze and strategically position several key aspects of their companies, including historical and future financial performance, customers and employee trends and more. Using this data-centric approach, he has helped clients learn more about their own companies than they had ever known before, creating stories and guiding clients through the challenging M&A process.
He has worked with a range of clients, including fast-growing startups seeking an investment and those with complex customer segments. As an associate, in addition to his duties in deal execution, he oversees the team of analysts in adopting best practices firm-wide.
Lamson has contributed to several deals at SEG, including:
- BuildingLink’s investment from Bregal Sagemount, allowing the luxury residential property software solutions provider to continue to invest in product and feature development, seek out strategic M&A opportunities, and accelerate new customer growth
- A strategic transaction for Princeton TMX by The Stephens Group, accelerating the value the software provider offers industrial shippers
- The acquisition of FullCount by 365 Retail Markets, combining the point-of-sale, reporting, billing, and meal plan management software for senior living communities with a leading provider of self-service ecommerce and payment processing technology
- The acquisition of Kaleida Systems by Fullsteam, combining the provider of cloud-based home care management with Fullsteam’s scalable payments technology and end-to-end business management systems
- The acquisition of V-Technologies Acquisition by Aptean, combining the leading provider of integrated shipping software with a global ERP and supply chain provider.
- The acquisition of Energy Profiles Limited (EPL), pairing the leading provider of cloud-based energy and sustainability management solutions by Dude Solutions
- An investment from Resurgens Technology Partners for EnergyCAP, a SaaS utility bill accounting and energy management solution serving government, education and commercial sectors
In addition to his skills at analyzing companies’ customer, employee, financial and market data, Lamson is skilled at comprehensive project management, particularly in due diligence. He is adept at simplifying the complexity of the due diligence process so that clients’ can focus on executing on their businesses and reducing deal risk.
With his experience as a CPA and auditor, Lamson is skilled at analyzing proper GAAP revenue recognition for clients, a key element for companies interested in a M&A.
Along with spending time with family and friends, Lamson enjoys playing sports such as tennis, basketball and recently, disc golf. Another one of his hobbies includes reading comic books and exploring all of San Diego’s incredible Mexican food.
- University of San Diego, B.S., Finance and Accounting