software equity group team
Gabrielle Avantino, Analyst
“I really enjoy partnering with my clients and understanding their vision for the company so we know what data is going to be most valuable and presenting that data to investors in a way that ultimately brings our client the best deal for their business.”
Gabrielle reviews complex customer and financial data for software clients to uncover insights that help them improve operations and position their companies as attractive investments within the marketplace. She helps them to prepare confidential information memorandums (CIMs) and responds to data inquiries from both buyers and sellers throughout the process to help support the execution of the transaction.
Prior to joining SEG, she performed audits for numerous public and private companies as a senior associate at EY, primarily in retail, technology and biotechnology. She spent three years in the assurance audit practice and one year in EY’s consulting practice, working with companies in the technology and manufacturing space as they pursued the path to an IPO. This included writing technical accounting memos in areas such as revenue recognition and stock compensation expense, maximizing the efficiency of the financial reporting process, and drafting disclosures that meet the reporting standards.
She enjoys the fast-paced environment at SEG and the opportunity to serve in an expanded advisory role.
Gabrielle has contributed to several deals at SEG, including:
- CallPotential’s Acquisition by Storable, bringing together two industry leaders and offering self-storage operators access to a unified platform that streamlines their operations and enhances the tenant experience.
- Atonix Digital’s Acquisition by Prometheus Group, launching Prometheus APM, the newest addition to the Prometheus Platform, which will now go beyond predictive analytics into prescriptive maintenance
Gabrielle’s work experience includes:
- Leading financial audits by providing assurance services to both publicly traded (integrated and non-integrated) and privately held companies
- Assisting the organization in addressing complex accounting issues facing their business
- Providing accounting and financial advisory services to a massive social media platform
- Overseeing and participating in the company’s volunteer initiatives
Gabrielle is well-versed in financial accounting standards and helps clients optimize their accounting processes as well as navigate complex reporting. She is also experienced in verifying the accuracy of the data and presenting it in a way that tells a compelling story. She enjoys partnering with clients and working together to achieve successful outcomes.
Gabrielle has volunteered with several organizations, including Junior Achievement, where she teaches kids about business and finance. She enjoys rollerblading, going to the beach, and enjoying everything San Diego has to offer.
- Point Loma Nazarene University, B.S., Accounting & Marketing