Austin always had an interest in finance and economics, but didn’t necessarily see himself building his career on Wall Street. When he discovered SEG, he knew he’d found his niche in finance. He embraces the challenge of using his expertise to work directly with founders and CEOs and help them through the sale of their business, one of the biggest milestones in their lives. He also thrives in an environment where he’s constantly learning about innovative technology and using his vast knowledge of the software market to tell a compelling story about his clients to attract financial or strategic buyers.
Since joining SEG in 2018, he has led transactions in a variety of verticals, including life sciences, manufacturing, commercial real estate, short-term rentals, multifamily real estate, energy management, and education.
Austin has managed and contributed to many successful deals, including:
- Blue Mountain Quality Resources’ investment from Accel-KKR, enabling the company to become a global leader in enterprise asset management software for the life sciences industry
- An investment for EnergyCAP from Resurgens Technology Partners, allowing the SaaS utility bill accounting and energy management solution to serve more clients in the government, education and commercial sectors
- The acquisition of MyVR by Guesty, making the company the largest short-term rental property management platform worldwide
- The acquisition of ProLease by MRI, combining ProLease’s comprehensive software suite with MRI’s corporate occupier and integrated workplace management offering, providing solutions that enable real estate, facilities, and accounting departments to manage property and equipment leases while meeting global accounting standards
- The acquisition of Multifamily Insurance Partners by MRI, enabling property owners and operators to close insurance gaps and minimize loss by implementing resident insurance compliance programs for renters
- MoxiWorks investment from Vector Capital, empowering the real estate SaaS platform to expand its product offerings, grow its sales and marketing initiatives and pursue acquisition opportunities
Austin enjoys sports analytics, martial arts, and spending time at the beach. A foodie and seafood lover, he can usually be found with a cut of fresh fish and a half dozen oysters on the weekend.
Hear Austin interview private equity investors from Vista Equity Partners, Mainsail Partners, and Level Equity about the evolving software M&A market in a webinar he hosted. Or, listen to his Virtual Coffee discussing the importance of COGS for SaaS companies.