Gartner refers to the Public Sector as the “vertical of all verticals” as it is the largest single vertical in the U.S. and accounts for 13% of worldwide IT spend. The Correction & Probation market, one of the largest in the Public Sector, faces many challenges such as the overcrowding of prisons, rapidly expanding operating costs, emerging compliance regulations, and alarming rates of recidivism (the rate at which prisoners return to prison after release).
Syscon has served the Offender Management Software (OMS) market for decades, trusted by a blue-chip global customer base who rely on the company’s mission critical software to manage approximately 400,000 offenders. The strategic acquisition of Syscon expands Harris’ ability to serve correctional institutions across North America, the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Syscon Justice Systems is a leading provider of mission critical Offender Management Software (OMS) solutions for the corrections industry.
- Having served the OMS market for the past 35 years, Syscon’s offering powers some of the largest and most complex prisons around the world.
- The Company’s OMS is trusted by a blue chip, global customer base to manage approximately 400,000 offenders.
- Syscon was backed by leading private equity firm Sverica.
- Syscon has headquarters in Richmond, British Columbia and offices in the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Since 1976, Harris has focused on providing feature-rich and robust turnkey solutions to Public Sector, Schools, Utility, and Health Care agencies.
- The Company’s Public Sector business unit offers a wide variety of solutions to local and state governments.
- Headquarters: Ottawa, Ontario
- The strategic acquisition of Syscon expands Harris‘ ability to serve correctional institutions across North America, the United Kingdom and Australia.
- It also provides Harris with a comprehensive OMS solution and a team of global specialists.