M&ASEG Snapshot: 2Q21 SaaS M&A Update2Q21’s 395 SaaS deals continue to put 2021 on pace for record deal volume.
Download the SEG Snapshot: 2Q21 SaaS M&A Update
SEG’s 2Q21 SaaS M&A update is a snapshot of M&A deal activity across the software industry. The report includes historical deal volume by product category and vertical, valuation stats, most active buyers, notable deals, private equity activity, and more.
- 2Q21’s 395 SaaS deals continue to put 2021 on pace for record deal volume. SEG expects deal volume to remain robust in the second half of 2021 due to a potential increase in capital gains taxes.
- Increased demand for high-performing SaaS acquisitions amongst strategic and private equity buyers drove a strong 6.7x EV/Revenue multiple in 2Q21.
- Healthcare, Real Estate, and Education were the most active verticals for SaaS M&A during 2Q21.
- Private equity activity spiked during the quarter, accounting for an impressive 60% of SaaS M&A deals in 2Q21.
- Investors were responsible for several mega transactions, including Thoma Bravo’s acquisitions of Proofpoint ($12.3B) and QAD ($2B), TPG Capital’s acquisition of Boomi ($4B), and Symphony Technology Group’s acquisition of FireEye ($1.2B).