M&ASEG SaaS Update: August 2023August saw a robust 186 SaaS M&A deals and a solid 6.0x EV/Revenue multiple for the SEG SaaS Index
Download the SEG SaaS Index Update: August 2023
Our August SaaS update provides insightful data on the valuation and financial performance trends of 122 publicly traded SaaS companies within the SEG SaaS Index. We also analyze 186 SaaS M&A deals recorded in August and show deal volume by product category and vertical.
- The SEG SaaS Index median share price is up 24.2% YTD as of the end of August. Meanwhile, the median EV/TTM Revenue multiple was 6.0x, maintaining strength and an upward trajectory since November 2022’s recent low of 5.2x.
- Sales & Marketing is the highest-performing product category on a median YTD price change basis, up an impressive 48.7% at the end of August.
- ERP & Supply Chain companies followed closely behind as the second highest-performing product category, posting a very strong 45.5% increase.
- SaaS M&A deal volume for August totaled a robust 186 transactions, an 18% increase YOY.
- Analytics & Data Management led the product categories in terms of SaaS M&A deal volume, with 32 deals. Business Management was the fourth strongest product category, with 18 deals.
- The top SaaS verticals by deal volume are Financial Services and Healthcare, each with 14 transactions.