We partnered with Industry Expert Paul Lachance, a seasoned manufacturing and industrial technology specialist and established SaaS entrepreneur, to provide the first report in a series of short research pieces focusing on the manufacturing software market.
Software adoption in the manufacturing industry is rapidly accelerating, driven by pandemic-related disruptions, a push by the current administration to revitalize US manufacturing, and the transformation to Industry 4.0. Never has there been a more opportune time to leverage SaaS solutions coming to market.
This report includes a detailed analysis of the current state of manufacturing, industry tailwinds, drivers of software M&A in manufacturing, a deep dive into the technologies supporting manufacturing, a list of related software M&A transactions, key players within the space, notable transactions, and more.
- Pandemic disruptions and tariff wars caused manufacturers to re-focus and accelerate investments in technology.
- US manufacturing PMI readings are strong, indicating strong resiliency during the pandemic.
- The “Make in America” executive order is a push to revitalize US-based manufacturing.
- Infrastructure and sustainable energy initiatives are driving the need for US manufacturing jobs.
- An aging workforce and skills gap create a challenging labor market, eased by SaaS solutions.