PUBLIC MARKETSEG Snapshot: 2Q21 SaaS Public Market UpdateThe SEG SaaS Index continues to sustain near-record valuations through the first half of 2021.
Download the SEG Snapshot: 2Q21 SaaS Public Market Update
SEG’s 2Q21 SaaS Public Market Update is a snapshot of how public companies are performing in our SEG SaaS Index. The Index is comprised of 100 publicly traded companies that primarily offer solutions via the cloud and may have a subscription or transaction-based pricing model.
- The SEG SaaS Index continues to sustain near-record valuations through the first half of 2021.
- The median EV/Revenue multiple of 14.3x in 2Q21 came in just shy of 1Q21’s record mark of 15.0x.
- Low fixed cost structures and economies of scale have driven material improvement in the financial strength of publicly traded SaaS
- companies, as the group generated an impressive 10.6% median free cash flow from operations during 2Q21.
- The top 25% of the SEG SaaS Index posted a median EV/TTM Revenue multiple of 28.7x, two times greater than the Index median of 14.3x.
Most Recent Issues
SEG Snapshot: 2Q22 SaaS Public Market Update
July 11, 2022
Publicly-traded SaaS companies posted a median 7.1x EV/Revenue multiple, down 53% YOY from 2Q21’s 15.2x peak level of irrational exuberance in public equities. Yet, compared to the pre-pandemic average, public SaaS valuations are down a more modest 16%.Access report