Our goal is to fulfill your goals through a highly-successful transaction.
“All of us at SEG are fortunate. We get to continuously learn about exciting new businesses and markets, drive premier outcomes for our clients, and develop lasting relationships with clients, buyers and other industry-leaders.”
Allen lends his profound understanding of software industry trends, markets and transactions to negotiate the sale of software companies with premier outcomes. He oversees SEG’s business strategy, builds key relationships within the software community, leads client transactions from commencement to closing, and manages business development. While he enjoys all aspects of his role as SEG’s Managing Partner, Allen’s primary focus is negotiating the best possible outcome for SEG’s clients.
- Responding to a newspaper ad for a post-MBA Associate position at SEG. “What I thought would be a three-year commitment, to transition from working as an engineer to finding a software company operating role, turned into a challenging, exciting and rewarding career approaching 20 years.”
- Launching SEG’s Software Industry Valuation and M&A Reports in 2001, long before other investment banks began offering research reports. Today, our reports are distributed to over 15,000 software industry entrepreneurs, senior executives, venture capitalists and private equity investors worldwide.
- Leading and closing approximately 50 software M&A transactions across nearly every software product category and vertical market.
- Developing strong and lasting relationships across the software industry.
- USC Marshall School of Business, MBA, Honors, Beta Gama Sigma
- California Polytechnic State University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Honors, cum laude