After spending several years as an assurance senior associate at EY, Seamus wanted to provide more financial consultative services while also getting to flex his creative skills as a storyteller.
Working at SEG has given him the opportunity to combine his background as both a CPA and an English major to help software founders and CEOs achieve exceptional outcomes. As an associate, he reviews financial statements to uncover insights that help clients improve business operations, tell a strong story around future growth opportunities, and increase competition within the marketplace.
He has helped clients respond with greater confidence to investors’ questions regarding customer concentration, retention, and other areas that may initially appear to be weaknesses but can ultimately become strong selling points.
Seamus’ career highlights include:
- Conducting in-depth financial analyses for an education software company that ultimately resulted in an investment that was significantly higher than expected
- LevelData’s investment from BV Investment Partners, a transaction that will significantly accelerate growth for the K-12 edtech software provider of real-time data validation, reporting, and analytics
- The acquisition of Ion Wave, a provider of SaaS solutions for the public sector, by GTY Technologies
- Leading financial audits for numerous companies in the medical devices and biotechnology industries
- Providing accounting consultant services for a major private company in the sports retail space to ensure they met accounting and reporting requirements to pursue a capital markets transaction
Seamus has significant experience in accounting, financial reporting, GAAP compliance, revenue recognition and financial consulting.
Seamus serves as the treasurer of Team Kids, a nonprofit organization that empowers children to become community leaders through partnerships with public safety organizations, educators, and business leaders.
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Accounting
- Cum Laude
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)