Patrick first developed a passion for technology companies while working with the University of San Diego’s Endowment Fund. He brings that passion, along with a strong work ethic, to every deal he leads at SEG. After several years of contributing to deals as an analyst and a senior associate, he now manages all aspects of client transactions. This includes establishing a strategy to effectively position companies to market, negotiating with buyers, and performing due diligence.
He enjoys finding creative solutions to the challenges that emerge throughout the M&A process in an industry where every deal is truly different. Every day, he’s reacting and adjusting and incorporating new information that influences the sale of the clients he represents. They may lose a big customer or miss financial forecasts, or they may lose a key hire or have a cybersecurity breach. Patrick is skilled at helping them pivot accordingly and communicate updates to buyers in the most appropriate way.
One of his most memorable recent deals was with a software founder who sold his company after running it for 30 years. The client later shared that working with SEG was the best decision he’s made in his career.
Patrick looks forward to growing his book of business and developing a team of analysts and associates who will one day lead their own deals.
- BuildingLink’s investment from Bregal Sagemount, a transaction that required deep industry expertise and creative problem-solving
- FullCount acquisition by 365 Retail Markets, which combined the cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) software platform for senior living communities with 365 Retail Markets’ end-to-end payment processing and POS hardware solutions
- Kaleida Systems acquisition by Fullsteam, which combined Kaleida’s home care agency management software solutions with Fullsteam’s end-to-end business management solutions
- The acquisition of V-Technologies by Aptean, which combined the leading provider of integrated shipping software with a global ERP and supply chain provider.
- The acquisition of Mobile Doorman by Zego, enabling Zego to further solidify its position as a protech leader and expand its mobile platform that allows multifamily operators to elevate their resident experience
- The acquisition of Topbox by Khoros, which brought an innovative customer experience analytics solution to Khoros’ award-winning digital customer engagement platform, creating a new standards for AI-powered customer management
- The acquisition of PC Synergy by Visible Supply Chain Management, which provided customers with a more comprehensive, automated shipping solution
- The acquisition of Modern Message by RealPage after a failed transaction with another investment banker, leading to an outcome that exceeded the CEO’s expectations
- OfficeSpace Software’s investment from Resurgens Technology Partners, a partnership that accelerated OfficeSpace’s go-to-market initiatives and enhanced its customer experience
- InSight Mobile Data’s investment from Accel-KKR, allowing the company to better serve fleet customers with an emphasis on EMS, pest control, and waste industries
- HemaTerra Technologies’ investment from The Riverside Company, allowing the cloud-based solutions provider for blood and plasma collection centers to add significant value to the centers as well as donors, volunteers, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies
- Destiny Solutions’ investment from The Riverside Company, which significantly accelerated growth for the ERP SaaS provider for higher education administrators
- The acquisition of Ambassador Software by Apollo Global-owned West Corporation, making the referral marketing software solution a key part of West Corporation’s customer experience platform
- ShowClix’s investment from Providence Equity, allowing the cloud-based event ticketing software provider to accelerate growth
- Nicus Software’s investment from Spotlight Equity, furthering the expansion of th eIT financial management and business analytics software
A California native, Patrick developed a passion for outdoor activities, including surfing, open water swimming, and hiking, as well as snowboarding during the winter.
Patrick supports successful closures of deals in a wide variety of software product categories and industry verticals. He has a determined work ethic and passion for helping others that are applied to every project. Patrick’s goal for each client is to drive value while ensuring a smooth process.